Re: Server order

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Mike(dot)Blackwell(at)rrd(dot)com, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Server order
Date: 2007-05-23 22:01:58
Lists: pgadmin-support

Dave Page a écrit :
> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>> Mike(dot)Blackwell(at)rrd(dot)com a écrit :
>>> Is there a way to change the order of the servers in the Servers list?
>>> It'd be nice if they were alphabetically sorted.
>> The patch attached sorts them alphabetically. As it changes the
>> behavior, perhaps an option is needed to enable it. Dave, what do you
>> think about it ?
>
> I'm in a lecture atm, so can't check that thoroughly, but I think you
> missed an AppendItem() call site further up in
> pgServerFactory::CreateObjects (you only got the one where pgInstaller
> installations are auto-added.

I've got three of them :
- start of pgAdmin, CreateObjects adds the already registered servers ;
- after that, still in CreateObjets, pgAdmin tries to find PostgreSQL
services on win32 servers ;
- when a user registers a new server, it calls StartDialog.

I don't find more of browser->AppendItem. There are a few other
AppendItem but for the properties variable.

I've seen another browser->AppendItem on dlgProperty.cpp but it does not
seem to update the server list, doesn't it ?

> Otherwise, please commit.

I didn't commit it yet because of the AppendItem missed that I can't find.

> BTW; did you fix that SQL formatting error that Erwin reported?

No, I'll take care of this tomorrow.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.