msvc, build and install with cygwin in the PATH

From: Hannes Eder <Hannes(at)HannesEder(dot)net>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: magnus(at)hagander(dot)net
Subject: msvc, build and install with cygwin in the PATH
Date: 2007-05-23 07:59:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

With a small modification to src/tools/msvc/Install.pm (see attached
patch) it's possible for me to build with msvc and install postgres on a
Windows xp box and leave cygwin in the PATH. Since I use cygwin
frequently it's usfull for me to have it in the PATH.

This might not work on Win9x platforms. But is that platform supported
for development anyway?

Hannes.

Attachment Content-Type Size
Install.pm.patch text/plain 808 bytes