Re: 9.2 release notes, beta time?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 9.2 release notes, beta time?
Date: 2012-04-27 23:02:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 4/27/12 2:29 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Someone said one week as not enough, so I assumed a wrap on May 10 with
>> beta release on May 14.

> Doing a release on May 14 will be a challenge, thanks to people being on
> airplanes to pgCon. We might want to verify availability from the
> packagers.

Packagers wouldn't be the issue; their work should be done by the
Saturday at latest. The website crew might have a problem though.

The main gating factor here is whether Dave Page's crew can get the
Windows installers ready any sooner; given his previous comments,
I don't think that moving the wrap up a few days would change anything.
We could wrap next week if we were OK with not having Windows installers
at the announcement, but I bet you'll say that's a no-go.