Re: pg_get_tabledef

From: "Usama Munir" <usama(dot)munir(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: "Naz Gassiep" <naz(at)mira(dot)net>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_get_tabledef
Date: 2007-05-21 18:11:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

When you say pgdump library, do you mean taking all catalog querying
functionality into a contrib like module , exposed as functions and
then have a simple pgdump executable which calls those functions to dump
to a file, because you would still need a pgdump executable i suppose
for people to be able to backup their stuff. Is my understanding
somewhere near actual idea or i am way off here?

Are there any discussions on this topic which could give me a little
more idea? because i would definitely like to take a shot at this.

Regards,
Usama Munir
EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com)