Re: Updateable cursors patch

From: "FAST PostgreSQL" <fastpgs(at)fast(dot)fujitsu(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Updateable cursors patch
Date: 2007-05-21 01:22:21
Lists: pgsql-patches

> maybe just send a better error message

I do the transformation of a where current of clause into where clause
at the analyze stage itself(which is the right place to do. I think).
Hence this error. If I can postpone this transformation until after
re-write then the usual error will be thrown if there are no rules. It
is easily doable. But I want to confirm if this will break any other
part. I am looking into it now.

Rgds,
Arul Shaji