JDBC and composite types

From: Marcin Gala <mailing(at)siec(dot)mine(dot)nu>
Subject: JDBC and composite types
Date: 2007-05-19 11:23:35
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Could anyone tell me, how to read table's columns that are of composite
type? I was trying to use getObject with different types of casting,
however nothing worked :( Also getString doesn't give me a string
representation of type...

My type is:

CREATE TYPE forwarding_number AS
(always number_type,
busy number_type,
"notResponding" number_type,
"notLogged" number_type);

I'm trying to get data from table X where column y is of type
forwarding_number.

Marcin