choosing fillfactor

From: Gene Hart <genekhart(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: choosing fillfactor
Date: 2007-05-18 18:57:32
Lists: pgsql-performance
I've tried searching the documentation to answer this question but could
not find anything. When trying to choose the optimal fillfactor for an
index, what is important the number of times the row is updated or the
column indexed upon is updated? In my case each row is updated on
average about 5 times but for some of the columns with indexes don't
change after insertion ever. thanks for any advice

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Alan HodgsonDate: 2007-05-18 19:08:41