Re: Frequent pg_clog on system

From: Stephane Bailliez <sbailliez(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Frequent pg_clog on system
Date: 2007-05-18 17:01:21
Lists: pgsql-admin
Tom Lane wrote:
> Stephane Bailliez <sbailliez(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
>
>> FWIW forgot to mention, chance of memory issue is low, memory was
>> entirely changed a couple of days ago while upgrading from 1GB to 4GB
>>

> Hmm, did this all start happening after the RAM upgrade?  If so I'd say
> the odds are real good that you got some bad memory there.

No it was appearing before with only 1GB.  So I had hope to leave the
bad memory potential by having this brand new 4GB replacement and it was
ok for a week.
Did not run memtest86+ on it however, so that will be mission next week
I'm afraid.

Overheating is a possibility due to where machine is located right now.

-- stephane