Re: Updateable cursors patch

From: "FAST PostgreSQL" <fastpgs(at)fast(dot)fujitsu(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Updateable cursors patch
Date: 2007-05-18 01:47:01
Lists: pgsql-patches

No. It works with scrollable cursors. It will work for cursors/selects
which does not put the results in some store, such as WITH hold/group
by/order by etc.... But most of these restrictions apply for normal
'Select for update' anyway. (With the order by clause, the
implementation is as per the sql standards.)

I can update the documentation once the initial review is done and what
I have done gets atleast a pass mark :-)

Rgds,
Arul Shaji