Re: Table FILLFACTOR support

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Table FILLFACTOR support
Date: 2007-05-10 09:03:25
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page a écrit :
> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>> Here is a patch to add support for FILLFACTOR option on tables.
>> Fillfactor is visible on the properties tab of a table view and on the
>> table dialog. A user can add a fillfactor value at table's creation
>> time, but can't change it later.
>>
>> I don't think this patch should be applied right now. I need tips and
>> advices on it. I also wish to add index FILLFACTOR option support if I
>> still have time to.
>
> OK. My only suggestion is don't mix up your operator usage - for
> example, on one line you might use:
>
> sql += wxT("Foo");
>
> and on the next:
>
> sql = sql + wxT("Foo");

This is fixed.

> Other than that, it passes the eyeball test - everything looks sane, and
> you've hit the parts of the code I'd expect.

Can you check once again ? I've added index support for fillfactor option.

> Please test table creation on 8.1 and 8.2, and check that the reverse
> engineered SQL from a suitable table on each server version can be
> executed as expected and go ahead and commit. Oh, and don't forget to
> hit the CHANGELOG!

I've tried both of them, with and without a specific fillfactor value. I
did the same tests for index creation. I wait for your answer before I
commit it.

Thanks.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/

Attachment Content-Type Size
fillfactor.patch.bz2 application/octet-stream 16.5 KB