Re: Name proliferation in functions with OUT parameters

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Name proliferation in functions with OUT parameters
Date: 2007-05-09 08:39:46
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> This example finally works as it should. You get the idea ...
> Names of OUT parameters are "shifted" to unnamed IN parameters, one
> after the other.

Hi Erwin,

I rewrote all the code that handles that in SVN trunk the other day - I
just ran all your tests through it and it seems fine now. The problem
was that the old code was written originally to handle just datatypes,
which then had modes and later names added to the existing strings. The
code parsed and analysed each string to death to figure out how to
render the controls on the dialog. To complicate matters, EDB stored
procedures use different ordering for the elements as well!

The browser code was rewritten a while back, which made it *vastly* more
robust and significantly less complex, and the dialog was done last
week. We now keep a set of 3 arrays to track the data.

http://svn.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?rev=6259&view=rev
http://svn.pgadmin.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?rev=6014&view=rev

Thanks for the bug report though! I'll post a new snapshot soon and mail
the list so you can be using more up to date code.

Regards, Dave