Re: [HACKERS] 7.5 release notes

From: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] 7.5 release notes
Date: 2004-07-25 12:32:48
Lists: pgsql-docspgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian said:
> I have completed the 7.5 release notes.  You can view them in HTML on
> the developer web page.  I have marked a few items with question marks
> that need to be addressed.  I am looking for improvements, even minor
> ones.  Either send in a patch or committers can modify the file
> directly.

I presume we can also just make some comments ;-)

this item:

Add new GUC parameter to report useful information at the start of each
log line
should probably read "Add new GUC parameter log_line_prefix ....."

I think this item belongs to me, or me and Tom:

Replace the virtual_host and tcpip_socket parameters with a unified
listen_addresses parameter.

Conversely, Tom deserves joint billing for dollar quoting, as most of what I
did was based on his work.

David Fetter should be mentioned under the dollar quoting and plperl items,
as he did documentation for both.

Tom's implementation of a new flex-based lexer for psql is a significant
source code change which should be mentioned.

cheers

andrew