Re: tutorial for starting development

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: sami jan <sami(dot)jan(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: tutorial for starting development
Date: 2007-05-08 08:27:54
Lists: pgadmin-support

Dave Page a écrit :
> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>> sami jan a écrit :
>>> For a start, how do you edit the widgets, is there a form designer?
>>>

>> I don't know of any form designer. You need to edit the xrc file
>> manually and I think you have to execute the embed-xrc.bat batch file
>> after your changes.
>
> I use XRCeD to hack forms. It's far from perfect, but is a lot easier
> that manual hacking when you get used to its quirks. I run the CVs
> version so I can just 'cvs update' every now and again to get the latest
> set of bug fixes.

Great to know. I'll try it ASAP but I wonder how it can handle our
custom widgets ?

> You still need to run embed-xrc after making any changes.

I had some problems yesterday with xrc files. I changed dlgTable.xrc,
ran embed-xrc, make, make install... and nothing. I didn't see any of my
changes. I finally found that I had to manually copy the dlgTable.xrc
file in the installation directory to get it working. If i'm correct, we
need XRC files on linux and they are embedded with the binary on the
windows platform. I wonder why "make install" didn't install my
customized copy of the dlgTable.xrc file.

FYI, I'm working on adding fill factor support.

Oh and I found a SIGSEG on the options window. I need to investigate this.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.
<!-- http://abs.traduc.org/