Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] psqlodbc - psqlodbc: Put Autotools-generated files into subdirectory

From: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Jim Nasby <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] psqlodbc - psqlodbc: Put Autotools-generated files into subdirectory
Date: 2007-05-08 01:55:50
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Hiroshi Inoue wrote:
>> Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>>> To my knowledge you can do it either way, as long as you remember
>>> that any changes to the lgpl code have to be released.
>>
>> Could you tell me a recommendation ?
>> I feel completely LGPL one is simpler.
>
> If you are asking me, which code you should release under, I would
> suggest the LGPL as the psqlodbc driver is licensed under the LGPL.

Thanks a lot.
Could someone confirm the following my recognition ?

The LPGL package could add and release a copy of some Postgres BSD
licensed code as LGPL ones together with the current LGPL code and
then the package is still entirely LGPL. When some changes are made
on the LGPL but originally BSD licencsed code, we can't reflect the
changes to the orignal Postgres code.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue