Re: build environment

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Giuseppe Sacco <giuseppe(at)eppesuigoccas(dot)homedns(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: build environment
Date: 2007-05-03 12:29:50
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
> Hi all,
> I have a simple question: what is/are the build environment used by
> pgadmin developers? Windows? Solaris? Redhat? Suse? Debian? other?

I develop primarily on Windows XP and OS X. developer.pgadmin.org builds
nightly on Slackware Linux, though I don't develop on there, except to
fix the odd bug specific to wxGTK. The guys at Sun build on Solaris as
well, using GCC and Sun Studio iirc.

> This is not just a "curiosa"; I am still trying to compile the source on
> Debian GNU/linux.

What compiler version etc is on there? I'm not a Debian user, but from
what I've heard their 'stable' versions can be pretty old.

Regards, Dave.