Heap page diagnostic functions

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Heap page diagnostic functions
Date: 2007-04-30 15:46:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers
I'm taking over Simon's heap page diagnostic functions to get them into
shape for committing.

I'm thinking of having a new contrib-module for them: pgforensics. All
the new functions go there, and I'm also going to move bt_page_items,
bt_page_stats, and bt_metap functions from pgstattuple to the new
module. They're all low-level functions that no application should be
calling, so there shouldn't be any compatibility issues in moving them.

That'd leave only the functions that a DBA or tools should be concerned
with in pgstattuple, and all the low-level debugging aids to the new
module. Thoughts?

--
   Heikki Linnakangas

Next:From: Jim NasbyDate: 2007-04-30 16:36:24