Re: Issue with spanish and serbian translations

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Issue with spanish and serbian translations
Date: 2007-04-30 14:28:17
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Dave Page a écrit :
>> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>>> If we prefer to get a dynamic list, I think it would be better to get
>>> the list of the i18n's subdirectories and use wxLocale::FindLanguageInfo
>>> with each subdirectories' titles.
>>>
>>> Some advices would be really appreciated.
>>
>> I hacked up the attached for testing which is a similar idea - the
>> downside being that languages that are listed twice in pgadmin3.lng are
>> shown twice in the list if they exist (eg. Chinese (Simplified) vs.
>> Chinese (Taiwan)). That should be an easy fix though.
>>

> Your patch works great for me (1.6 branch). The issue you reported on
> some languages appearing twice occurs already without your patch.

Hmm, so it does. Oh well, I've applied the patch.

>> I couldn't get Serbian to work though - does wxWidgets even support it?
>> If so, are we using the correct code?
>>

> wxWidgets has no translation for this language
> (http://www.wxwidgets.org/about/i18n.php). But serbian is listed on
> their language codes page
> (http://www.wxwidgets.org/manuals/2.8.3/wx_languagecodes.html#languagecodes).

Ahh, I see the problem. There are actually two languages (Serbian
(Latin) and Serbian (Cyrillic) using the same language code. Not sure
which one we actually, but changing the name in pgadmin3.lng, and adding
the second entry results in two options being available in the drop down
menu.

Any idea which is correct? We should probably just remove the other
entry. Same for the chinese (Taiwan) vs. Chinese (Simplified).

Regards, Dave.