Re: Issue with spanish and serbian translations

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Issue with spanish and serbian translations
Date: 2007-04-30 13:05:10
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page a écrit :
> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
>> If we prefer to get a dynamic list, I think it would be better to get
>> the list of the i18n's subdirectories and use wxLocale::FindLanguageInfo
>> with each subdirectories' titles.
>>
>> Some advices would be really appreciated.
>
> I hacked up the attached for testing which is a similar idea - the
> downside being that languages that are listed twice in pgadmin3.lng are
> shown twice in the list if they exist (eg. Chinese (Simplified) vs.
> Chinese (Taiwan)). That should be an easy fix though.

Your patch works great for me (1.6 branch). The issue you reported on
some languages appearing twice occurs already without your patch.

> I couldn't get Serbian to work though - does wxWidgets even support it?
> If so, are we using the correct code?

wxWidgets has no translation for this language
(http://www.wxwidgets.org/about/i18n.php). But serbian is listed on
their language codes page
(http://www.wxwidgets.org/manuals/2.8.3/wx_languagecodes.html#languagecodes).

Regards.