Re: call stored function from ecpg w/cursor

From: Andrew Jarcho <ajarcho(at)nyc(dot)rr(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: call stored function from ecpg w/cursor
Date: 2007-04-29 19:39:27
Lists: pgsql-novice

Thank you very much Michael for your reply. I have tried your
suggestions, but am still having problems. The code still prints 0 as
its result, and ECPGdebug reports "raising sqlcode -201 in line ##, 'Too
many arguments in line ##.'". This is the way the code sample looks now.

in file flop.sql:
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION foo (cID INTEGER) RETURNS INTEGER AS $$

DECLARE
result INTEGER;

BEGIN
SELECT value
INTO result
FROM my_relation
WHERE caseID = cID;
IF result IS NOT NULL THEN
RETURN result;
ELSE
RETURN 0;
END IF;

EXCEPTION
WHEN OTHERS THEN
RETURN -1;

END;
$$ LANGUAGE plpgsql;

in file floop.pgc:
int get_result(int cID)
{
EXEC SQL BEGIN DECLARE SECTION;
int caseID = cID;
int result;
short result_ind;
EXEC SQL END DECLARE SECTION;

/* a problem here */
EXEC SQL DECLARE c_1 CURSOR FOR SELECT foo(:caseID);

connect_to_postgresql();

EXEC SQL WHENEVER NOT FOUND GOTO notfound;

EXEC SQL OPEN c_1;

do {
EXEC SQL FETCH c_1 INTO :result:result_ind;
printf("%d\n", result);
} while (result !=0 && result_ind == 0);

EXEC SQL CLOSE c_1;

disconnect_from_postgresql();

return 1;

notfound: