Re: Fix for MSVC header installation

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fix for MSVC header installation
Date: 2007-04-25 19:31:16
Lists: pgsql-patches

Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
>> Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>> Applied, thanks.
>>>
>>> FWIW, I mimicked the install layout on my Linux box. But we should
>>> definitly be consistent with mingw instead :-)
>>
>> Hmm, wonder why they are different? Especially as 8.2.4 on
>> developer.pgadmin.org (Slackware 11) seems to have the same layout as
>> mingw!
>

> pg_config IYF.
>
> try: pg_config | grep INCLUDE

Right, but some of the directories that were in the wrong place were not
ones that could be located in the pg_config output - for example,
$INCLUDEDIR/internal was under $INCLUDEDIR/postgresql/internal.

And we really should make VC++ install in the same locations as mingw by
default anyway.

Regards, Dave.