Re: Server not listening

From: Andy Shellam <andy(dot)shellam-lists(at)mailnetwork(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: George Heller <george(dot)heller(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Server not listening
Date: 2007-04-25 19:03:59
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi George,

Make sure you're using the latest PuTTY (something like 0.59 if I
remember rightly.)
Then from the screen that opens when you run PuTTY, Load your saved
settings.
On the right, browse to SSH, then Tunnels - add the settings in there
(your tunnel should be shown in the "Forwarded Ports" dialog when you've
added it.)

Then click back to Session (on the top-right) and save your settings
profile.
Then connect and login to your server.

Don't open two SSH connections with the forwarded tunnel active, or it
will do strange things.
You can then connect to your PostgreSQL server by connecting to
localhost:5432 within PgAdmin.

Only the PostgreSQL port will be forwarded, so you cannot connect to SSH
on localhost (unless of course you run a local SSH server on your XP
machine ;))

If that doesn't work, close your SSH session, change the forwarded IP
address in your tunnel configuration to your server's remote IP address,
then re-connect.

Andy.