Re: moving data from windows to linux

From: Francois Deliege <fdeliege(at)cs(dot)aau(dot)dk>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: moving data from windows to linux
Date: 2007-04-25 15:36:37
Lists: pgsql-novice
Alan Hodgson wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 April 2007 06:29, Francois Deliege <fdeliege(at)cs(dot)aau(dot)dk>
> wrote:
>
>> ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x92
>> HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match
>> the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by
>> "client_encoding".
>>
> Newer versions of PostgreSQL do much stricter checks of UTF-8 data than
> older versions did. It is very possible that if you are upgrading
> versions that your original data is invalid UTF-8 even if it's in a
> UTF-8 database.

I am moving from 8.2.4 under Windows to 8.2.4 under FreeBSD 6.2.
The databases are all encoded in UTF8 on the windows server.
The threads I have seen in the archives are all about version or
database encoding issues.
The only trick here, is that I am using tr to solve the endline problem.

Cheers,

Francois