Re: [Fwd: PGBuildfarm member narwhal Branch HEAD Status changed from OK to InstallCheck failure]

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Fwd: PGBuildfarm member narwhal Branch HEAD Status changed from OK to InstallCheck failure]
Date: 2007-04-23 12:44:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dave Page wrote:

>> If you want to poke at it, I'd suggest changing the ERROR to PANIC
>> (it's in bufmgr.c) to cause a core dump, run installchecks till you
>> get a panic, and then look around in the dump to see what you can find.

Well, in typical fashion after 25+ runs this morning there's not a
failure in sight :-(. I'll keep trying this afternoon, but in case that
doesn't work, I've tweaked my buildfarm config to leave error trees in
place so maybe we can catch it that way (though that'll be without the
PANIC of course).

Regards, Dave