Start-Up of the European Group

From: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Start-Up of the European Group
Date: 2007-04-21 07:56:13
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Hi guys,

   sorry but these days have been hectic on my side (not just work,
however). I guess it is time to start a concrete and productive
discussion on how to set a European Group of PostgreSQL users. I have
gathered some information, thanks to the contacts I have made within the
Open Source Working Group of the Italian Government which I am involved in.

   I have perceived a diffused interest on this topic from almost every
PG developer/user that is participating to the list. Also, the fact that
PGDay 2007 already has a few people registered from European countries,
is an important sign.

   Anyway, I believe that it would be good to dedicate a private mailing
list on this topic for gathering ideas and contributions and, at the
same time, have a web space (maybe a wiki, as Federico suggested) where
to report the decisions and the drafts that are taken by the group for
its official start up.

   As I said, I already have an idea on the nature of the organisation
(legally recognised in every country of the EU), however, I prefer to
discuss it with everyone. It goes without saying that, should we decided
to start such a thing, it is going to be a real commitment for the
participants. I am not afraid of that, but it must be a group of
responsible people willing to dedicate time and efforts on this cause. :)

Ciao,
Gabriele

--
Gabriele Bartolini: Web Programmer, IWA/HWG Member
Current Location: Prato, Tuscany, Italy

pgsql-advocacy by date