PG driver for J2ME?

From: Mohannad Hussain <mhussain(at)allianceinteractive(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PG driver for J2ME?
Date: 2007-04-19 13:39:51
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Good day,

We developed a lumber inventory system using PHP and PostgreSQL. Our
clients are really happy with it and now they want to extend it to be
used on hand held devices. The sample I have here is running Windows CE
5.0.

I picked J2ME as the language for this project since Java is the
'portable' language, however, I am facing a huge obstacle here because
the JDBC drivers for PGSQL are not compatible with J2ME. Apparently JDBC
for J2ME supports a subset of JDBC 3.0 API for J2SE, for example,
instead of using the DriverManager it only supports DataSource and so on.

I am not sure if you guys have a stripped down version that would work
with J2ME, or know of another driver that might work or if you have
something else in mind... Any advice is appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

Sincerely,

--
Mohannad Hussain, B.Sc.
Software Developer, Alliance Interactive

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Adrian CusterDate: 2007-04-19 14:05:45