Re: CREATE TABLE LIKE INCLUDING INDEXES support

From: Trevor Hardcastle <chizu(at)spicious(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: NikhilS <nikkhils(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CREATE TABLE LIKE INCLUDING INDEXES support
Date: 2007-04-12 17:56:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> NikhilS wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 4/10/07, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
>>
>>> Added to TODO:
>>>
>>> o Have WITH CONSTRAINTS also create constraint indexes
>>>
>>> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2007-04/msg00149.php
>>>
>> Trevor's patch does add unique/primary indexes. This would mean that we have
>> to remove the syntax support for "INCLUDING INDEXES" and just add code to
>> the existing WITH CONSTRAINTs code path from his patch.
>>

> That is all that is required.
>

>> Is there something else and hence we have the above TODO?
>>

> If someone wants to work on this item and submit it, we can review it
> for 8.3, but if not, it waits until 8.4.

I've updated my patch to merge the INDEXES behavior implemented into the
CONSTRAINTS option, and restore the current error triggered when you try
to use the INDEXES option. Attached is the updated patch.

I didn't remove the INDEXES syntax, just undocumented it again and put
the error it raised back in. It seems like an implementation of copying
all of the indexes could still use that syntax.

Thank you for all the comments,
-Trevor Hardcastle

Attachment Content-Type Size
like_including_indexes-2.patch text/plain 8.6 KB