Re: server startup script at boot

From: Chuck Amadi <chuck(dot)amadi(at)rokcorp(dot)com>
To: postgresql <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: server startup script at boot
Date: 2007-04-11 08:36:57
Lists: pgsql-admin

Carl Salvo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in finding out details related to a Postgres server
> startup script that I can configure to start Postgres at boot. I
> appreciate any help.
>
> Thanks in advance. I appreciate the help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Carl

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Hi

Did you sort out your startup script.

What O/s and version as the current crop of Linux servers usually have
Postgresql installed and ready to roll
I had admin'ed SLES 9 (SuSE) new employer RH AS3.

Just a matter of sorting out the runlevels using chkconfig commands or
adding the path to /etc/init.d/postgres restart to
you boot.local or what ever your distro uses.

So I expect that this is not the case in your scenario.
So please let us know.

Cheers

--
Chuck Amadi
ROK Corporation Limited

Tel: 01446 795 839
Fax: 01446 794 994
International Tel: +44 1446 795 839

email: chuck(dot)amadi(at)rokcorp(dot)com

This email is confidential to the addressee only. If you do not believe
that you are the intended recipient, do not pass it on or copy it in any
way. Please delete it immediately.