Error using pgsql-odbc with OpenOffice

From: Matthew Hagerty <matthew(at)digitalstratum(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Error using pgsql-odbc with OpenOffice
Date: 2007-04-09 01:17:36
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Greetings,

I'm not sure which component is responsible for this error, but I needed
to start somewhere...

Versions I'm using:

Windows XP sp2
OpenOffice 2.2.0
PG 8.2.3 (running on FreeBSD 6.2)
pgODBC 08.02.0200

I've set up a System DSN for my pg database and created a new database
with OO, selecting the "connect to an existing database" and selecting
the DSN I set up.  It prompts me for a un and pw and connects without
problems.  I can see the list of tables and even create a new table, but
when I try to double-click a table to open it for reading or updating, I
get this error in a dialog:

---
The data content could not be loaded.

ERROR: invalid input syntax for type tid: "(,)";
Error while executing the query

[OK]  [More]
---

Clicking "More" gives this additional information:

SQL Status: 22P02
Error code: 7

I tried logging the connection with the driver but did not see the
offending query in the logs.  A Google search turned up very little
other than someone asking about this back in 2004 with little or no
resolution.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matthew

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Adnan DURSUNDate: 2007-04-09 13:00:12