Re: Debugger integration

From: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Hiroshi Saito <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: Debugger integration
Date: 2007-04-04 16:04:41
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:
> Florian G. Pflug wrote:
>> I'm currently thinking that unconditionally adding the output
>> of pg_config --libs to LIBS if linking statically might
>> be a better approach - thoughts?
>
> That whole section of the file seems a bit kooky to me - it does some
> weird stuff on Solaris as well.
>
> pg_config --libs does output more than we need for libpq though, so I'm
> a little loathe to use it - what about just conditionally adding the
> -lssl, if you can grep it form the pg_config output?

Yeah - realized that too, seconds after I mailed..
The problem with grepping for -lssl is that AFAIK some
plattforms need more than -lssl (Like -lcrypto). So
if we're going that way, we won't get rid of all that
plattform-specific uglyness in that section.

Maybe removing those libs from the output of pg_config that
we surely don't need or want (like -lpgport) is workable
alternative?

greetings, Florian Pflug