Dumping views, functions, ...

From: Arnau <arnaulist(at)andromeiberica(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Dumping views, functions, ...
Date: 2007-04-02 14:28:09
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

Lets say that in my database I have a view named foo_view and I'd
like to dump it's definition. I'd like to do something like:

pg_dump --view=foo_view bar_db > foo_view.log

so I'd have in the foo_view.log file the foo_view's definition. This
same concept I'm searching to apply it to rules, functions, ...

I have been looking into pg_dump options and I haven't found the way.
The most similar thing I have found is -t option that does what I need
but with tables. Is it possible to do this with pg_dump?

Thanks
--
Arnau