Re: Current enums patch

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org, Tom Dunstan <pgsql(at)tomd(dot)cc>
Subject: Re: Current enums patch
Date: 2007-03-31 19:06:25
Lists: pgsql-patches

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 27. März 2007 03:36 schrieb Tom Dunstan:
>
>> Here's the current version of the enums patch. Not much change from last
>> time, the only thought-inducing stuff was fixing up some macros that
>> changed with the VARLENA changes, and adding a regression test to do
>> basic checking of RI behavior, after the discussions that we had
>> recently on the ri_trigger stuff with generic types. The actual behavior
>> was fixed by Tom's earlier patch, so this is just a sanity check.
>>

> Your patch doesn't compile anymore.
>
> ccache cc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -fno-strict-aliasing -g -I. -I../../../src/include -D_GNU_SOURCE -I/usr/include/libxml2 -c -o parse_coerce.o parse_coerce.c -MMD -MP -MF .deps/parse_coerce.Po
> parse_coerce.c: In function 'can_coerce_type':
> parse_coerce.c:460: error: too few arguments to function 'find_coercion_pathway'
> parse_coerce.c: In function 'find_coercion_pathway':
> parse_coerce.c:1817: error: too few arguments to function 'find_coercion_pathway'
> parse_coerce.c:1822: error: too few arguments to function 'find_coercion_pathway'
>
> This was only changed a few days ago, so you need to update your patch.

Peter,

If you want to review or test the feature, the attached patch can be
used as a replacement for the portion that affects parse_coerce.c, and
with this it compiles and passes regression. I think it's correct but it
should still be OKed by at least one Tom. :-)

cheers

andrew

Attachment Content-Type Size
enum_parse_coerce.patch text/x-patch 7.7 KB