Re: Anyone know where I can get an 8.2.3 binary for ubuntu?

From: Hannes Dorbath <light(at)theendofthetunnel(dot)de>
To: Ron <rjpeace(at)earthlink(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Anyone know where I can get an 8.2.3 binary for ubuntu?
Date: 2007-03-31 16:28:28
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice

> Doing a source compile under Debian or Debian-like condition is not an option for the end user.

Oh, it is not? Is that because of the outdated tool chain Debian ships
with or the user being uncomfortable in typing 3 commands at a shell prompt?

> Unfortunately, the latest I can find is 8.1.8

Well, I think you distributions website has "an apt-get":

http://packages.debian.org/experimental/misc/postgresql-8.2

Besides that Google returns a ton more:

http://rpmseek.com/rpm-pl/postgresql-8.2.html?hl=de&cx=824:P:0

--