Re: odd explain diagram in head versions

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Jeremy Drake <pgsql(at)jdrake(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: odd explain diagram in head versions
Date: 2007-03-30 12:58:53
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Jeremy Drake wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Mar 2007, Dave Page wrote:
>
>> Jeremy Drake wrote
>>> The problem seems to be that the trigger information is overlaid on the
>>> index scan in the graph, resulting in an unreadable mess of text.
>>>
>> Looks like it. Can you provide me a self contain test case please?
>
> Sure.  Here's a simple schema to demonstrate the problem:

Thanks - I've committed a fix for this. What was actually happening was
that in ANALYZE mode, the runtime of any triggers is appended to the
plan for info. The canvas was trying to add these lines as extra nodes,
but because they aren't really part of the plan couldn't position or
render them properly, resulting in the mess of text you reported.

It now ignores any Trigger lines.

Regards, Dave.