Re: Patch queue concern

From: August Zajonc <augustz(at)augustz(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch queue concern
Date: 2007-03-29 17:49:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>> OK, but we don't want something that is ready to be committed, we need
>>> it complete.
>> So how many more releases before you think Postgres is "complete"?
>
> I am getting tired of your semantic games, here, Greg. I have no idea
> what you are trying to accomplish, but I have better things to do.

Why not just post a specific list of the patches you are thinking of? Is
it the patch queue list in total? Did I miss it?

Without specifics these things just spiral on forever, as all debates
about code do when there is no code to actually look at.

With specifics it is self documenting and definitional. You are thinking
/ concerned about x patches. Folks can look at how to move them forward,
and it would probably help guide community attention.