Re: Fedora package status for 1.6.3 and above

From: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)CommandPrompt(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fedora package status for 1.6.3 and above
Date: 2007-03-28 18:54:03
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

What would a sensible version of libc be to require? I've installed
debian woody into a chroot, but noticed that the newest gcc it includes
is 3.0 - which is pretty acient, and might cause trouble with wx
or pgadmin.

OTOH, debian sarge contains libc 2.3, not 2.2 like woody. I'm not sure
how many peopel still run distros without libc 2.3...

Any ideas? Do you guys think that compiling wx+pgadmin3 with gcc 3.0 will work?

greetings, Florian Pflug