Re: Time to package 8.2.4

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, nc-kocamana2 <nc-kocamana2(at)netcologne(dot)de>, Grzegorz Jaskiewicz <gj(at)pointblue(dot)com(dot)pl>
Subject: Re: Time to package 8.2.4
Date: 2007-03-26 19:05:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dave Page wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>> Funny :). What can I do to help get 8.2.4 branched?
>> There is no branching involved, but you can look into
>> src/tools/RELEASE_CHANGES and see what things you want to help with.
>> Getting a release changes list would be a start.
>>

> We're just starting to get the process nice and streamlined with all the
> various binary builds, announcements and CVE embargos (when needed).
> Perhaps it's not such a good idea to start reassigning tasks to random
> people (no offence JD) without discussion and agreement from those
> normally responsible?

No offense taken, I think Peter was saying... Hey this is something you
(being me) could probably do, to help the continuation of that process.
It is (i would guess) certainly something that people don't like doing
in general and thus would help get the ball rolling.

I don't mind either way, but 8.2.4 needs to be released. If my putting
together a changes list will help with that. I will do so.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

http://www.commandprompt.com/