Support Request: Database connection from the command line

From: "Stuart Gundry" <stuart(dot)gundry(at)googlemail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Support Request: Database connection from the command line
Date: 2008-05-21 09:30:42
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hello all,

This feels like I'm spamming you and if I've misread how I'm meant to
request help then I'm sorry for any inconvience.

My problem is that I want to connect to a local database using the
commandline. I've tried 'starting service' but I still can't access my
database unless I go in to the pgadmin application and click on the database
(It has a little red cross next to it until I do). Is there a way of getting
around this?

Thank you for your time

Stuart Gundry

System:
pgAdmin III 1.8.2 (pre-complied version)
Windows XP

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Dave PageDate: 2008-05-21 11:18:22
Previous:From: Sebastian ReitenbachDate: 2008-05-20 08:01:56
Subject: Re: problem with pgadmin 1.8.2 to keep connection to postgresql 8.2.6