Re: compile problem

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Giuseppe Sacco <giuseppe(at)eppesuigoccas(dot)homedns(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: compile problem
Date: 2007-03-15 10:31:53
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Il giorno mar, 13/03/2007 alle 15.22 +0000, Dave Page ha scritto:
> [...]
>>> #if wxCHECK_VERSION(2, 8, 0) && !(WXWIN_COMPATIBILITY_2_6)
>>>     // Note the following defines need removed
>>>     // when CodeBlocks support for wxWidgets 2.6 is dropped
>>>     #define wxOPEN wxFD_OPEN
>>>     #define wxFILE_MUST_EXIST wxFD_FILE_MUST_EXIST
>>>     #define wxMULTIPLE wxFD_MULTIPLE
>>>     #define wxSAVE wxFD_SAVE
>>>     #define wxOVERWRITE_PROMPT wxFD_OVERWRITE_PROMPT
>>>     #define wxCHANGE_DIR wxFD_CHANGE_DIR
>>> #endif
>> Yup, it was just two wxSAVE's. Everything else is OK. We only support
>> 2.8 so I've just fixed those two occurances.
>
> I just recompiled from CVS HEAD. Now the build goes to the end, but when
> I run the application and click on my first database connection, I get
> wxDIALOG_MODAL". Then I press [OK] and I get the normal window where I
> type my password. I type the wrong password and get a "segmentation
> fault" :-(
>
> Should I just rebuild everything with wxWindget 2.6?

No, use 2.8, as that's what we support. I'm happy to accept patches to
update for deprecated constants in wx2.9, but I've got too much to do at
the moment to bust a gut trying to track them all down myself -
especially given that we're unlikely to see a stable wxWidgets 2.10 for
quite some time.

Regards, Dave