Re: Access violation - probably not the fault of Postgres

From: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Paul Lambert <paul(dot)lambert(at)autoledgers(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Access violation - probably not the fault of Postgres
Date: 2007-03-08 05:24:39
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Paul Lambert wrote:

 > I've got an application written in VB which pipes updates to a
database in Postgres. The application is written in MS Visual Basic 6.0
using DAO3.6 via ODBC.
 > If a record exists in the PG database and my VB app therefore does an
Edit/Update, it works without a problem.
 > If the record doesn't exist and I therefore need to do an
AddNew/Update my client application crashes with an access violation on
the update.
 > I'm relatively sure it's something on the VB side that is causing
this and nothing to do with PG, but I'm just posting here in case anyone
has some thoughts about potential causes within PG or its ODBC driver.

Could you try the snapshot driver at
  http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/index.html
?

regards,