Re: BUG #3098: make check failed 33 times

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Theodore Petrosky <tedpet5(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3098: make check failed 33 times
Date: 2007-03-06 14:42:31
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Theodore Petrosky wrote:
> I tried to upload to the list but I think the file got
> lost...I am attaching it here.

A-ha, this is the problem:

! psql: FATAL:  sorry, too many clients already

I'm guessing this is the same issue as here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-08/msg01821.php

Initdb is apparently choosing a too low max_connections setting to be
able to run the regression tests. You can see the value it chose from
src/test/regress/log/initdb.log.

I don't know anything about OS X, but you'll probably need to adjust
some OS resource limit. Have you raised the shared memory related
settings, as advised in manual?
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/kernel-resources.html

--
   Heikki Linnakangas

pgsql-bugs by date

Next:From: Bryan O'NeillDate: 2007-03-06 15:40:15