Re: Display of error message

From: Albin Blaschka <albin(dot)blaschka(at)raumberg-gumpenstein(dot)at>
To: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Display of error message
Date: 2007-03-02 22:38:12
Lists: pgadmin-support
Erwin Brandstetter schrieb:
> Hi Albin!
>
> Most interesting, especially as your setup looks much like mine. And I
> do see error messages.
> cc-ing Dave and Laurent as they might take special interest in your
> case. So I keep it in English.
>
> Some more information might be useful:
> encoding of the database?    -- \l command in psql or select the
> database node in pgAdmin and read from the SQL pane.
> client_encoding?    -- show client_encoding;
> "German as default language" in pgAdmin? Or in postgresql (->
> postgresql.conf)?
> Way of connecting? Via TCP/IP to port 5432 or some other method?
> And maybe the setting in your postgresql.conf might be of interest.
>
> BTW, backports.org has updated to postgresql 8.1.8 a couple of days
> ago. You may want to apt-get update & upgrade ..
>

> Regards
> Erwin

Hello!

Thank you for your answer - I will stick with english, too and try to
stay on list... ;-)

As now the weekend started :-) and the setup in question is for work and
this work is now about 130 km away with no possibility to login
remotely, here only some answers as a first step...
As far as I remember, with pgAdmin 1.6.0 I had full error messages...
The encoding of the database seems not to matter: I have some in Latin-9
and one in UTF-8, but there is no difference.
"German as the default language" is meant to be for pgAdmin, on the
server I have the german/austrian locale as default.
The connection goes via TCP/IP, Port 5432, plain (no ssh)...
Details of the server I have to look up, but only on monday...

Thanks for the tip for the update of the backports!

Good night,
Albin

** Albin Blaschka, Mag. rer. nat.
** SURE -  Successful Restoration and Rehabilitation
**         Accompanying Infrastructural Interventions
** HBLFA Raumberg - Gumpenstein
** Abteilung für Vegetationsmanagement im Alpenraum
** Tel.: ++43 (0)3682 / 22451 - 347
** For the creation of this message 100% recycled electrons were used!