Re: Joining the OSA

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Shane Ambler <pgsql(at)Sheeky(dot)Biz>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Joining the OSA
Date: 2007-03-02 16:12:08
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> From the FAQ's -
>> How much does OSA membership cost?
>> OSA membership varies from $5,000 for integrators to $10,000 for ISVs.
>> Open source community members can join OSA with no fee and
>> collaborate by registering at www.OpenSolutionsAlliance.org.
>
> I wonder if "PostgreSQL" could join as an open source community member
> and be listed next to EnterpriseDB? or would a project with a non
> financial contribution be listed as a friend at the bottom? with some
> individuals from here being community members to give PostgreSQL a voice
> in any discussions?

The community, if it choose do join should do it as itself. We have the
ability to legally join organizations because we are part of SPI
(http://www.spi-inc.org).

> Being a part of OSA can only create/increase the possibility of
> PostgreSQL being considered as an option.

Maybe, maybe not. Keep in mind that this is a brand new thing with zero
history of anything but pretty press releases. We (as in the FOSS
community) have already had several of those organizations created.

Joshua D. Drake

http://www.commandprompt.com/