Lack in PostgreSql (8.2.x, 8.1.x, 8.0.x) and pgAdmin (1.6.x) updated builds (build service)

From: Carlo Strata <carlo(dot)strata(at)tiscali(dot)it>
To: Reinhard Max <max(at)suse(dot)de>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Hiroshi Saito <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Rainer Lay <rainer(dot)lay(at)gmx(dot)de>
Subject: Lack in PostgreSql (8.2.x, 8.1.x, 8.0.x) and pgAdmin (1.6.x) updated builds (build service)
Date: 2007-03-01 15:38:16
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Hi Everyone!

I have just submitted this bug

For your convenience I replicate it here.
I send this mail to yuo because I didn't be able to add you in the cc
filed. Sorry for the mail, but I think it may be useful for all of us.

Thank you.

I "just" want to ask people why PostgreSql and PgAdmin aren't yet in the
build service.

I haven't found them yet neither in the build service "database" repository:

nor with the search interface kindly provided by Benji Weber and
accessible from here

I also have made build service login request to help this happens, but I
have received no answers until now.

In the (old style?) SuSE projects' postgresql directory

I only found the build (rpm) for the "first release" (= with some bugs
that newer version have already fixed) of each series (8.2.x, 8.1.x,
8.0.x) kindly provided by Reinhard Max.

In the oss factory directory the postgresql version is still at 8.1.5
release... and pgadmin still doesn't exist (see bug 184772).

Why don't we put toghether our efforts (already done!) in one organic
build set? I mean the build service "database" repository.

Why build service repositories

and (old style?) SuSE projects' postgresql directories

still live separately?!!!

Thanks for all answers

p.s. I try to put these people in the cc fild but the system doesn't
accept them:

Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Reinhard Max <max(at)suse(dot)de>
Rainer Lay <rainer(dot)lay(at)gmx(dot)de>

pgadmin-hackers by date