Re: Upgraded to 8.2.3 --- still having performance issues

From: Carlos Moreno <moreno_pg(at)mochima(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Upgraded to 8.2.3 --- still having performance issues
Date: 2007-02-28 19:36:55
Lists: pgsql-performance
Tom Lane wrote:

>Carlos Moreno <moreno_pg(at)mochima(dot)com> writes:
>

>>I would have expected a mind-blowing increase in responsiveness and
>>overall performance.  However, that's not the case --- if I didn't know
>>better, I'd probably tend to say that it is indeed the opposite
>>(performance seems to have deteriorated)
>>

>Did you remember to re-ANALYZE everything after loading up the new
>database?  That's a frequent gotcha ...

I had done it, even though I was under the impression that it wouldn't be
necessary with 8.2.x  (I still chose to do it just in case).

I've since discovered a problem that *may* be related to the deterioration
of the performance *now* --- but that still does not explain the machine
choking since last night, so any comments or tips are still most welcome.

Thanks,

Carlos