Re: Proposal for Implenting read-only queries during wal replay (SoC 2007)

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Paul Silveira <plabrh1(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal for Implenting read-only queries during wal replay (SoC 2007)
Date: 2007-02-28 05:08:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Paul Silveira wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just wanted to voice my opinion for this feature... I've implemented a
> few Production applicaitons with PostgreSQL now and would die for that
> feature. Right now, I am constantly trying to find way's to make my data
> more available.

Paul unfortunately you have responded to a hijacked thread. Jonah was
speaking about a project that he wishes would have been accepted which
was called Full Disjunctions.

I have not read the read-only queries during wal replay thread but I can
assure you that Jonah's response had nothing to do with it.

Joshua D. Drake

I've even resulted to using pg_dump to create read only

http://www.commandprompt.com/