Re: update to main page for feature freeze

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: update to main page for feature freeze
Date: 2007-02-27 17:26:51
Lists: pgsql-www

> I don't feel this change is neccessary.  People who are developing patches
> probably have a good idea when feature freeze is, and we have more than
> enough patches to deal with right now. For regular users, pointers to
> download is one of the top items they need, so emphsizing our recent releases
> is still a good idea.

This is all about letting the community know what is going on with us.
Especially the community that isn't here everyday in the lists. The only
reason I even included the links was because I know people who aren't on
the lists but would love to know what is going on with PostgreSQL.

Our website doesn't say *anything* about what is going on with
PostgreSQL the project (says alot about secondary stuff like training etc..)

A website is two things, an information source and a marketing source.

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/