Re: successful booth at Fosdem (Brussels)

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: successful booth at Fosdem (Brussels)
Date: 2007-02-26 20:35:42
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum a écrit :
> On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:14:07 +0100
> Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> [...]
>>  As I told you yesterday, perhaps next year we can share the same booth ?
>> perhaps also with the italian user group ? and/or others ?
>
> This sounds like a really good idea, but then we need a greater booth,
> yours only had place for 3 people. We should talk early about this idea
> and send a request to the FOSDEM team.

A european booth at a european meeting... it seems a good idea to me :)

But it doesn't mean we all have to be on the booth at the same time.
This gives some time to eat lunch and some time to see some conferences.

>> I also think FOSDEM 2008 can have a PostgreSQL developer room. The
>> Debian one was really interesting, with some great technical talks.
>> Perhaps we can do the same next year ?
>
> I'm interested, of course. But you need some more people to support the
> devroom and the booth. That will be a bit tricky ;-)

That's why we need other communities : to have people in the booth and
in the devroom.

> Oh, and like
> Susanne told us: more merchandising material. Around 20 people asked
> for the "Slony" toy:
>
> http://ads.wars-nicht.de/pictures/v/events/fosdem_2007/dsc_1589_640x480.jpg.html

She's right. And I asked for one :)

--