Re: successful booth at Fosdem (Brussels)

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: successful booth at Fosdem (Brussels)
Date: 2007-02-26 10:14:07
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Susanne Ebrecht a ecrit le 26/02/2007 10:06:
> last weekend we had a postgresql booth at Fosdem
> (http://www.fosdem.org). It was the first time, that there was a
> postgresql booth and is was a great success.
> There were so much visitors on Saturday, that we thought we wouldn't
> have enough flyers for sunday. We gave away round about 1000 flyers
> (english, french and german).
> Just for an overview: the FreeBSD Community gave away 1700 CDs (1500 on
> saturday).
> We were glad to meet persons of other european communities and one
> developer of pgcluster.
> We thanks the french community for the french flyers.

You're welcome. There was so much interesting conferences to attend that
I didn't find the time to actually talk more with you on the booth. As I
told you yesterday, perhaps next year we can share the same booth ?
perhaps also with the italian user group ? and/or others ?

I also think FOSDEM 2008 can have a PostgreSQL developer room. The
Debian one was really interesting, with some great technical talks.
Perhaps we can do the same next year ?

> Normally for donation, we sell some merchandising stuff like t-shirts
> and mugs. In 2006, totally we sold 40 mugs at 12 german events. 25 mugs
> were left after 2006. At fosdem we sold them all.
> Of course we met a lot of very interessting persons (other communities,
> developers, ...) at brussels.
> Most questions of the visitors were very technically or the visitors
> just talled us, how happy they are using postgresql.
> Only 5 times a visitor ask the question: what is the different to mysql.
> There was one slapstick Andreas blogged:
> http://ads.wars-nicht.de/blog/archives/120-The-real-difference-between-MySQL-and-PostgreSQL.html

:)

I'll post the picture I took yesterday.

Thanks to the german community for handling the booth. (Oh and I'm
wearing the german PostgreSQL tshirt, thanks again).

--
Guillaume.