Re: 12 disks raid setup

From: Vivek Khera <vivek(at)khera(dot)org>
To: pgsql-performance Performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 12 disks raid setup
Date: 2008-02-29 18:58:47
Lists: pgsql-performance
On Feb 29, 2008, at 9:51 AM, Franck Routier wrote:

> my Raid controller is an Adaptec 31205 SAS/RAID controller. The
> battery
> was an option, but I didn't know it at purchase time. So I have no
> battery, but the whole system is on an UPS.

Go find one on ebay or google search, and plug it in.  Adaptec
batteries just snap in and sometimes have a bracket to clip them in
place.

Your performance will be awful without one since you can't safely
write cache.  Also, if your card has upgradable RAM (but I've never
seen an adaptec card which could) max it out.