which Xeon processors don't have the context switching problem

From: Geoffrey <esoteric(at)3times25(dot)net>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: which Xeon processors don't have the context switching problem
Date: 2007-02-23 19:05:57
Lists: pgsql-performance
I recall a reference on the list indicating that newer Xeon processors
don't suffer from the context switching problem reported last year.

In searching the archives, I can't find any specific info indentifying
which Xeon processors don't have this problem.

Anyone point me to a reference?

Is this in any way related to the version of Postgresql one is running?
  We're headed for 8, but have a bit of work before we can get there.
We are currently on 7.4.16.

Thanks for any info.
--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin

pgsql-performance by date

Next:From: Claus GuttesenDate: 2007-02-23 19:33:41
Subject: long checkpoint_timeout